Make a Felt Advent Calendar



If you haven't already got your advent calendar sorted for this year (and many years to come) you have still just got enough time to make one of these before December begins. We had a felt calendar as children and I remember being so excited every year when we brought it down from the loft that christmas must be nearly here. So when I had children this was one thing I was certain I was going to make.

I had a lot of fun deciding how to decorate each pocket, they are simply cut from felt in the same size and then felt shapes are sewn on top or sometimes embroidered on. These are then sewn onto a felt Christmas tree with a few baubles and a star for decoration.

To put the numbers on I have added little cards in each pocket with the number poking out the top and with a short part of the Christmas story written on each. I didn't want to lose the meaning of Christmas altogether but don't worry, we put sweets in it too each night.

To put it all together I stitched the felt tree to some backing fabric with the stiffest interfacing I could get and then stitched a hook on the back to hang it. I am so looking forward to the start of advent and being able to share this tradition with my children. I am just a big kid really. Zoe xx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...