A Fun Dress For a Fun Girl

Just a quick one today to show you this cute dress I made for my niece. The present we gave her for Christmas was something she already owned, bummer, so I offered to make a some clothes instead and she was thrilled by this idea. She saw this fabric and was desperate for it to be a dress so here it is.

Its a stretchy cotton/lycra fabric that I bought on eBay, I have quite a bit of it so I'll be making my daughter a dress too and maybe myself something for the summer. I think it is perfect for a little girl though because it is so bright and fun. I drafted the pattern myself form a t-shirt of hers and just added a gathered skirt:

I topstitched the hems with pink thread because that is her favourite colour (no surprises there) and she has worn it a few times already. Don't worry she had thick coloured tights and a big knit jumper too so she was nice and warm. I think she'll get lots of wear out of it in the summer too when she can wear it just with flip-flops and sunnies. I'm looking forward to it already! See you soon, Zoe x

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...